CITY OF LAREDO
SPECIAL CITY COUNCIL MEETING
LAREDO, TEXAS 78040
AUGUST 12, 2002
DISABILITY ACCESS STATEMENT
Persons with disabilities who plan to attend this meeting and who may need auxiliary aid or services are requested to contact Gustavo Guevara, City Secretary at (956) 791-7308 at least two working days prior to the meeting so that appropriate arrangements can be made. The accessible entrance and accessible parking spaces are located at City Hall, 1100 Victoria Ave.
Out of consideration for all attendees of the City Council meetings, please turn off all cellular phones and pagers, or place on inaudible signal. Thank you for your consideration.
I. CALL TO ORDER
II. ROLL CALL
III. INTRODUCTORY ORDINANCES
1. Authorizing the City Manager to execute a Scheduled Airline Operating Agreement and Terminal Building Lease with Transportes Aeromar, S.A. de C.V., as Lessee, for exclusive and non-exclusive joint use space located at the Laredo International Airport passenger terminal for the purpose of conducting commercial air transportation services. Transportes Aeromar proposes to initially offer three (3) weekly round trip flights to Mexico City utilizing the 48 passenger ATR-42 aircraft; providing for an effective date.
III. FINAL READINGS
2. 2002-O-161 Authorizing the City Manager to execute a lease renewal with United Exports Trading Association (U.E.T.A.) of Texas, Inc. for approximately 2,526 square feet out of Lot 10, Block 22, in the Western Division, City of Laredo, Webb County, Texas, lying northeast of the concrete pavement connecting Salinas Street with Water Street:
1. Lease term is for one (1) year commencing on August 13, 2002 and ending on August 12, 2003.
2. Monthly rent will be $1,000.00.
3. City of Laredo may terminate this lease within ninety (90) days written notice.
2002-O- 206 Designating as a one-way Eastbound that one block section of Denmark Lane and as a one-way Westbound that one block section of Yukon Lane, between Backwoods Drive on the East and Greenland Drive on the West, and as one-way Southbound that one block section of Backwoods Drive, between Denmark Lane on the North and Yukon Lane on the South, providing for the installation of appropriate signs to indicate one-way traffic and providing for publication and effective date.
2002-O-207 Designating as a one-way Southbound the 2100 and 2200 blocks of Texas Avenue, between Clark Blvd. On the North and Musser Street on the South, one way Westbound the 2400 and 2500 block of Musser Street, between Martin Avenue on the West and Texas Avenue on the East, and one-way northbound the 2100 and 2200 block of Martin Avenue, between Clark Blvd. on the North and Musser Street on the South, to be effective the hours of 7:30 a.m. to 8:30 a.m. and 2:30 p.m. to 4:30 p.m. Monday through Friday during school days providing for the installation of appropriate signs to indicate one-way traffic during the specified hours and providing for publication and effective date.
V. EXECUTIVE SESSION
The City Council hereby reserves the right to go into executive session at any time during this public meeting, if such is requested by the City Attorney or other legal counsel for the City, pursuant to his or her duty under Section 551.071(2) of the Government Code, to consult privately with his or her client on an item on the agenda, or on a matter arising out of such item.
This notice was posted at the Municipal Government Offices, 1110 Houston Street, Laredo, Texas, at a place convenient and readily accessible to the public at all times. Said notice was posted on Friday, August 9, 2002 at 5:30 p.m.
Gustavo Guevara, Jr.