CITY OF LAREDO
CITY COUNCIL MEETING
CITY COUNCIL CHAMBERS
1110 HOUSTON STREET
LAREDO, TEXAS 78040
February 22, 2005
1. Authorizing the City Manager to execute a Mutual Dissolution Agreement with United Water Laredo effective March 31, 2005 and terminate the Operations and Maintenance Agreement dated May 8, 2002.
2. Consideration to award contract FY05-025 to N.A.H. Inc., Houston, Texas, in the total amount of $140,152.00 for the installation of a maple sports surface at the gym floors at the Northeast Hillside and Cigarroa Recreation Centers. Staff is recommending N.A.H. Inc., as the vendor that provides the best value to the City based on the bid pricing and references of previous installations. Funding is available in the Parks and Recreation Department Budget and the Capital Improvement Projects Fund.
II. GENERAL COUNCIL DISCUSSIONS AND PRESENTATIONS
A. Request by Council Member Alfredo Agredano
1. Discussion and approval of $20,000.00 in Discretionary Capital Improvement Program (CIP) funding for the renovation of the Cigarroa Recreation Center Gym floor. (Co-sponsored by Cm Johnny Rendon)
B. Request by Council Member John C. Galo
1. Discussion with possible action on the merits of creating an ordinance to allow the police to impound vehicles that do not have liability insurance. (Co-sponsored by Cm Johnny Rendon)
2. Discussion with possible action on the City Manager’s Leadership Class recommendations to create a “Clean Laredo”. (Co-sponsored by Cm Johnny Rendon)
C. Request by Council Member Johnny Rendon
1. Discussion and approval of $20,152.00 in discretionary Capital Improvement Program (CIP) funding for the renovation of the Northeast Hillside Recreation Center Gym floor. (Co-sponsored by Cm Alfredo Agredano)
This notice was posted at the Municipal Government Offices, 1110 Houston Street, Laredo, Texas, at a place convenient and readily accessible to the public at all times. Said notice was posted on Friday, February 18, 2005 at 5:00 p.m.
Gustavo Guevara, Jr.