CITY OF LAREDO
CITY COUNCIL MEETING
CITY COUNCIL CHAMBERS
1110 HOUSTON STREET
LAREDO, TEXAS 78040
July 3, 2006
I. APPOINTMENTS TO COMMISSIONS, BOARDS AND COMMITTEES
a. Appointments by Council Member Dr. Michael Landeck of:
1. Victor Garza to the Citizens Environmental Advisory Committee.
2. Sammy Amaya to replace Dr. GeorgeAnn R. Reuthinger, to the Para Transit Advisory Committee.
1. Consideration to award contract FY06-103, to provide the City of Laredo Health Department contract labor for two (2) office personnel positions: one (1) Community Service Aide and one (1) Health Educator, for the term beginning July 5, 2006 through December 31, 2006, and for an amount not to exceed $33,359.00. Funding is available in the HIV Prevention Grant Budget. The City received identical bids from Staff Force and RM Personnel. Lots will be drawn at the City Council meeting to determine which vendor will be awarded the labor contract.
III. GENERAL COUNCIL DISCUSSIONS AND PRESENTATIONS
A. Request by Council Member Johnny Rendon
1. Discussion with possible action regarding the mosquito abatement / vector control program. (Co-sponsored by Cm. Gene Belmares)
B. Request by Council Member Gene Belmares
Amendment to item no. 22 letter C no. 3 posted on the regular City Council agenda.
1. Status report on tax levy, exemptions, and /or tax cuts, with possible action.
C. Request by Mayor Pro-Tempore Juan Ramirez
Amendment to item no. 22 letter D no. 2 posted on the regular City Council agenda.
1. Discussion with possible action regarding a lease agreement for 200 parking spaces between the City of Laredo and One South Main Partners, LP. (Co-sponsored by Cm. Gene Belmares)
This notice was posted at the Municipal Government Offices, 1110 Houston Street, Laredo, Texas, at a place convenient and readily accessible to the public at all times. Said notice was posted on Friday, June 30, 2006 at 5:30 p.m.
Gustavo Guevara, Jr.