CITY OF LAREDO
SPECIAL CITY COUNCIL MEETING
CITY COUNCIL CHAMBERS
1110 HOUSTON STREET
LAREDO, TEXAS 78040
OCTOBER 6, 2006
DISABILITY ACCESS STATEMENT
Persons with disabilities who plan to attend this meeting and who may need auxiliary aid or services are requested to contact Gustavo Guevara, City Secretary at (956) 791-7308 at least two working days prior to the meeting so that appropriate arrangements can be made. The accessible entrance and accessible parking spaces are located at City Hall, 1100 Victoria Ave.
Out of consideration for all attendees of the City Council meetings, please turn off all cellular phones and pagers, or place on inaudible signal. Thank you for your consideration.
I. CALL TO ORDER
II. PLEDGE OF ALLEGIANCE
III. ROLL CALL
V. COMMUNICATIONS AND RECOGNITIONS
VI. APPOINTMENTS TO COMMISSIONS, BOARDS AND COMMITTEES
VII. PUBLIC HEARINGS
1. Public hearing and introductory ordinance amending the City of Laredo Fiscal Year 2007 General Obligation Debt Service Fund along with the Water and Sewer System Fund Budgets by drawing down $1,658,200 from General Obligation Debt Service Fund and transferring out $1,167,200.00 and $491,000.00 to Water and Sewer System Funds respectively. These funds will be appropriated and transferred in from General Obligation Debt Service in Water and Sewer System Funds for the acquisition of automotive, machinery and equipment.
2. Public hearing and introductory ordinance amending the City of Laredo Fiscal Year 2007 General Fund along with the Contractual Obligation Fund by drawing down $640,000.00 from the opening fund balance and transferring out to the Contractual Obligation Fund. These funds will be appropriated and transferred in from General Fund to the Contractual Obligation Fund for the acquisition of two (2) ambulances, one (1) fire engine and fifty (50) AR-15 rifles for the Fire and Police Departments respectively.
VIII. INTRODUCTORY ORDINANCES
3. Authorizing the City Manager to execute all necessary documents to effectively convey a 2,652.66 square foot easement to AEP Texas Central Company to install underground utility lines to serve the City of Laredo Seven Flags Park. Said 2,652.66 square foot easement being out of Lot Nos. 2, 3, 4 & 5, Block No. 239, Eastern Division, City of Laredo, Webb County, Texas; as described by Metes and Bounds and Survey attached as Exhibits A and B; and providing for an effective date.
4. 2006-R-097 A resolution expressing official intent to reimburse General Fund the cost of $640,000.00 associated with the acquisition of two (2) ambulances, one (1) fire engine and fifty AR-15 rifles for the Fire and Police Departments respectively. Upon the sale of a proposed Personal Property Finance Contractual Obligation (PPFCO), the General Fund will be reimbursed for any cost associated with the previously mentioned equipment.
5. Consideration to authorize the City Manager to negotiate and execute contracts with U.S. and Mexico print, billboard, and electronic media vendors listed in the CVB Fiscal Year 2006-2007 Media Plan. Media plan advertisements for the Laredo Convention & Visitors Bureau will be placed beginning October 2006. Funding is available in the CVB Marketing Division Budget.
XI. EXECUTIVE SESSION
The City Council hereby reserves the right to go into executive session at any time during this public meeting, if such is requested by the City Attorney or other legal counsel for the City, pursuant to his or her duty under Section 551.071(2) of the Government Code, to consult privately with his or her client on an item on the agenda, or on a matter arising out of such item.
This notice was posted at the Municipal Government Offices, 1110 Houston Street, Laredo, Texas, at a place convenient and readily accessible to the public at all times. Said notice was posted on Tuesday, October 3, 2006 at 12:15 p.m.
Gustavo Guevara, Jr.