CITY OF LAREDO
CITY COUNCIL MEETING
CITY COUNCIL CHAMBERS
1110 HOUSTON STREET
LAREDO, TEXAS 78040
MARCH 24, 2008
DISABILITY ACCESS STATEMENT
Persons with disabilities who plan to attend this meeting and who may need auxiliary aid or services are requested to contact Gustavo Guevara, City Secretary at (956) 791-7308 at least two working days prior to the meeting so that appropriate arrangements can be made. The accessible entrance and accessible parking spaces are located at City Hall, 1100 Victoria Ave.
Out of consideration for all attendees of the City Council meetings, please turn off all cellular phones and pagers, or place on inaudible signal. Thank you for your consideration.
I. CALL TO ORDER
II. PLEDGE OF ALLEGIANCE
III. ROLL CALL
Approval of the minutes for January 7, 2008 and February 25, 2008.
V. COMMUNICATIONS AND RECOGNITIONS
a. Recognizing Dr. Minita Ramirez, WBCA President, for her dedication and outstanding performance during the WBCA events.
b. Recognition of Felix Garcia for being selected to the U.S. Under 20 Men's National Team.
c. Recognizing the Environmental Services Department for receiving the Community Service Award from the Code Enforcement Association of Texas.
d. Recognition of the 2008 Mayor's Cup-City Employee Softball Tournament Winners.
Citizens are required to fill out a witness card and identify themselves at the microphone. Comments should be relevant to City business and delivered in a professional manner. No derogatory remarks will be permitted. There is a time limit of three minutes per speaker.
VI. APPOINTMENTS TO COMMISSIONS, BOARDS AND COMMITTEES
Appointment by Council Member Johnny Amaya of Ray Salinas, Jr. to the Airport Advisory Committee.
VII. GENERAL COUNCIL DISCUSSIONS AND PRESENTATIONS
A. Request by Mayor Raul G. Salinas
1. Discussion with possible action on increasing financial assistance to the food bank.
2. Discussion with possible action on promoting and enhancing the Laredo Police Reserve Program by increasing the number of participants and recognizing the importance of their contribution to our Police force.
B. Request by Council Member Dr. Michael Landeck
1. Discussion with possible action regarding the possible selection of an advertising agency that will develop and implement a City promotional public relations and advertising strategy.
C. Request by Council Member Johnny Rendon
1. Discussion with possible action to replace existing security light bulbs in Belmont Plaza with high pressure sodium lights that are more energy efficient.
2. Discussion on adding one more speed hump on Canal Street by using District V Discretionary funds, with possible action.
3. A status report on the roadway that connects the two residential areas of Lakeside Subdivision, with possible action.
4. Discussion with possible action to construct sidewalks on the south side of Mann Road between IH 35 and Springfield by using discretionary funds.
D. Request by Mayor Pro-Tempore Gene Belmares
1. Discussion with possible action on taking measures to prevent grass fires.
2. Discussion with possible action on adding additional streets to the Street Recycling Program for District VI.
E. Request by Council Member Juan Chavez
1. Discussion with possible action on naming a facility after Former Mayor Aldo Tatangelo.
2. Discussion with possible action on conducting a Traffic Safety Hazard Study on Bristol Road between Mines Road and Allen Dr. and using District 7 Discretionary allocations to fund any Traffic Calming devises and/or signage.
3. Discussion with possible action on using District 7 discretionary funds to convert the following intersections into 4 way stops; Albany Dr. and Rancho Viejo, Quail Creek and Atlanta and Lowry Road and Albany Drive.
4. Discussion with possible action to award a grazing lease contract to the sole bidder A C Cattle Company, for property (220 acres) at the Laredo Fire/Public Safety International Training Facility.
F. Request by Council Member Juan Ramirez
1. Discussion with possible action regarding the possibility of a recreation center at the 1600 block of Callaghan.
2. Discussion with possible action regarding another feasibility study for the water park.
3. Discussion with possible action on installing sidewalks by using District VIII Discretionary Funds on the following streets:
· 1800 block of Zaragoza-south side
· 1000 block of Alamo-north side
· 2400 block of Davis-west side
· 1300 block of Park-south side
· 1500 block of Flores-west side
· 1700 block of Flores-west side
· 1800 block of San Agustin-west side
VIII. PUBLIC HEARINGS
2. Public hearing and introductory ordinance repealing all sections of section 24-69, Floodplain Management Standards, of the Laredo Land Development Code; and amending the title of chapter 24-69 to “Flood Damage Prevention”; and adopting sections 24.69.1 Statement of Purpose, 24.69.2 Methods of Reducing Flood Losses, 24.69.3 General Provisions, section 24.69.4 Administration, 24.69.5 Provisions for Flood Hazard Reduction, in conformance with NFIP (national flood insurance program) floodplain management standards submitted to the City of Laredo by FEMA (Federal Emergency Management Agency) for adoption; and amending appendix A, definitions; and providing for publication and effective date.
3. Public hearing and introductory ordinance amending Article IX [Swimming Pools] of Chapter 15 of the Code of Ordinances in the following respects:
Section 15‑135 [Definitions] in order to establish and define the three terms: building official, private swimming pool, & spa;
Section 15‑136 [swimming pool permit required] in order to require building permit for the construction of a private swimming pool or spa;
Section 15‑137 [application for a swimming pool permit], in order to specify the requirements for a private swimming pool or spa construction permit;
Section 15‑138 [authority to inspect] in order to authorize the building official and designees to inspect private swimming pools or spas;
Section 15‑139 [issuance fees] in order to establish issuance fee for a private swimming pool or spa;
Section 15‑140 [duration of permit] in order to establish the duration of a permit for public, semi‑public or private swimming pool or spa;
Section 15‑141 [permit renewal] in order to amend caption;
Section 15‑142 [permit revocation] in order to amend caption
Section 15‑143 unchanged; and
Adding new section 15‑144 [private pool or spa barrier requirements], in order to specify standards for safety barriers for private swimming pools and spas; and contractors requirements and Renumbering section 15‑144, 145 and 146, to 15‑145, 146, & 147 and as renumbered:
Section 145 [penalty for violation] in order to provide for fines from $500.00 to $2,000.00 for violation of these new regulations relating to private swimming pools and spas;
Section 15‑146 [injunctive relief] in order to provide that building official may seek injunctive relief;
Section 15‑147 [severability] unchanged; and providing for publication and effective date. (As amended)
4. Public hearing and introductory ordinance amending the City of Laredo Land Development Code, Chapter 24, Article III, by creating Section 24-56, entitled “Parkland Dedication Ordinance;” establishing minimum requirements for the dedication of land (one acre per one thousand projected population) for park/recreation purposes within a proposed development, establishing the methodology of land dedication and/or securities in lieu of land dedication, establishing a neighborhood park improvement fee of $314.00 per dwelling unit, defining and establishing minimum standard for various types of parks (including mini park, neighborhood park, community park, metropolitan park, regional park, special use park, and school park). The Planning and Zoning Commission recommended approval of this ordinance amendment.
5. Public hearing and introductory ordinance authorizing the City Manager to amend the Fiscal Year 2007-2008 Mercado Fund by appropriating expenditures in the amount of $50,000.00 from fund balance to cover needed repairs for the Mercado rental properties and services for future anticipated improvements. Funding is available in the Mercado Fund balance.
6. Public hearing and introductory ordinance amending the Fiscal Year 2007-2008 South Texas 9-1-1 Regional Administration Division budget by increasing revenues and expenditures in the amount of $558,613.00 for administrative, equipment and program budgets for Jim Hogg, Webb and Zapata Counties for the period beginning September 1, 2007 and ending August 31, 2008.
7. Public hearing and introductory ordinance requesting authorization to accept $6,847.50 in revenue amending the City of Laredo Fiscal Year 2007-2008 CVB Budget by appropriating revenues in the form of registration fees from the 1st Annual Laredo Birding & Butterfly Festival, and appropriating said funds to CVB Marketing Division expenses.
8. Public hearing and introductory ordinance amending the City of Laredo’s Code of Ordinances, Chapter 32- Vehicles for Hire, Article III- Tow Services, Section 32-88- Duties of Tow Services on Rotation List, subsection(6)-Time for arrival by adding fifteen minutes; Section 32-92-Towing Fees charged by towing companies on the city’s rotation list, by increasing and setting fees as follows: tow from $50.00 to $95.00; heavy-duty wrecker tow for unloaded vehicle from $110.00 to $200.00; heavy-duty wrecker tow for loaded vehicle from $150.00 to $275.00; use of dolly from $25.00 to $40.00; use of winch from $20.00 to $75.00; lockout fee set at $65.00; tows and tire changes for all city vehicles set at $50.00; Amending Section 32-93-Storage Facility Fees as allowed by state law as follows: for less than 12 hours and 12 hours or more, from $10.00 to $20.00, and $10.00 for all city vehicles; for each additional day from $10.00 to $20.00; truck or trailer longer than 35 feet from $15.00 to $35.00; Impoundment Fee (formerly called “Preservation Fee”) from $10.00 to $20.00, and $10.00 for all city vehicles; Notification Fee from $25.00 to $50.00, and $32.00 for city vehicles; Amending Section 32-104-Rotation list permits, by increasing the rotation permit and application fee from $100.00 to $300.00; providing for publication and an effective date.
9. Public hearing and introductory ordinance authorizing the city manager to execute a budget amendment appropriating operating funds from the Federal Transit Administration Grant No. TX-90-X758 from Fiscal Year 2006-2007 in the amount of $87,486.00 to be used for operating expenses in fiscal year 2007-2008, increasing the Federal contribution from $3,658,679.00 to $3,746,165.00 and decreasing the sales tax match for operations from $4,965,035.00 to $4,877,549.00 and amending the Transit Sales Tax Fund by transferring $87,486.00 into sales tax reserve and reducing transfer to operations by $87,486.00.
10. Public hearing and introductory ordinance amending the City of Laredo Fiscal Year 2007-2008 Capital Improvement Project Fund budget by appropriating $300,000.00 in revenues and expenditures for fire station rehabilitation and equipment repair for the Fire Department. The revenues consist of a draw down from the opening balance.
11. Public hearing and introductory ordinance amending the City of Laredo Bridge System Fiscal Year 2007-2008 Bridge Annual Budget by appropriating $1,624,151.00 from the Bridge System Construction Fund opening balance to the Improvements Other Than Buildings and Improvements to Buildings account. Funding will be used for expenses related to the Bridge I Pedestrian Canopy Project and Bridge I Retail Space (Building E) and other Bridge related projects.
12. Public hearing and introductory ordinance amending Chapter 32, Vehicle for Hire, Article II, Taxicabs, Operating Authority, Section 32-22, initial application for annual permit, of the code of ordinances of the City of Laredo, clearance of (j) requiring clearance of all outstanding traffic or parking fines with the city and county, adding (n) an affidavit to permit holders to proof u.s. residency, section 32-35 Taxicab Driver’s License Application, correcting typo on (i) replacing the word permit with license, and adding (n) clearance of outstanding traffic or parking fines with the city and county, Section 32-44 holder and driver to comply, adding (c) driver’s must have a driver’s identification card visible at all times and to provide for severability, publication and effective date.
IX. INTRODUCTORY ORDINANCES
13. Amending guidelines and criteria governing tax abatements by the City of Laredo for Laredo WLE, LP clarifying the new permanent full-time job requirement; providing for severability, publication and an effective date.
14. Amending the City of Laredo Code of Ordinances, Chapter 2-Administration, Article I, In General, Section 2-5 City Council Meetings, Subsection (B) & (D) by providing that regular and Special City Council Meetings shall end at 10:30 p.m. instead of 11:00 p.m.; deleting the option to extend meeting by fifteen (15) minutes; providing for severability, repeal all laws in conflict, and providing for an effective date.
X. FINAL READING OF ORDINANCES
2008-O-044 Amending the City of Laredo Health Department Fiscal Year 2007-2008 annual budget by appropriating revenues and expenditures in the amount of $30,000.00 of additional funds from the Texas Department of State Health Services for continuation of the Health Department’s Abstinence Education Program, and In-kind amount of $21,000.00 from L.I.S.D. for a total amount of expenditures of $51,000.00 for the period of January 1, 2008 through June 30, 2008.
2008-O-045 Amending the City of Laredo Fiscal Year 2007-2008 annual budget by decreasing revenues and expenditures by $8,551.00 for a total award amount of $79,249.00 from the South Texas Development Council (STDC) for the continuation of the Health Department’s Housing Opportunities for Persons with AIDS Projects (HOPWA) for the period of February 1, 2008 through January 31, 2009 and authorizing the City Manager to execute said contract.
2008-O-046 Amending the City of Laredo Fiscal Year 2007-2008 Annual Budget by appropriating revenues and expenditures in the amount of $1,000.00 donated by Wal-Mart for the administration of various programs and authorizing the City Manager to implement said budget amendment.
2008-O-047 Accepting funds in the amount of $245,000.00 from the South Texas 9-1-1 Regional Administration Division to cost share personnel at the Laredo Police Department Public Safety Answering Point in accordance to Section 771.0751 of the Texas Health and Safety Code ad Rule 251.3 Use of Revenue in Certain Counties from the Commission on State Emergency Communications; and amending the Fiscal Year 2007-2008 City of Laredo annual budget by appropriating revenues and expenditures in the amount of $245,000.00 for salary expenses for the Laredo Police Department Communications Division salaries.
2008-O-048 Amending the City of Laredo Code of Ordinances, Chapter 17 Library, Article I, In General, Section “Fines and Fees for Library Services” allowing for a change in the passport execution fee to follow the fee schedule set by the U.S. Department of State and providing for publication and an effective date.
2008-O-049 Authorizing the City Manager to accept a donation from the Raymond H. and Florence L. Sponberg Foundation of Minnesota in the amount of $1,000.00 and amending the City of Laredo Friends of the Library Fund Fiscal Year 2007-2008 annual budget. Funds will be used for literacy programs and the purchase of books and DVDs for the Main Library.
2008-O-050 Authorizing the City Manager to accept Fiscal Year 2008 Federal Planning Funds (PL112) in the amount of $44,686.86 and amending the City of Laredo Fiscal Year 2007-2008 General Fund Budget to match PL112’s Budget increasing revenues by $44,687.00 and expenditures by $44,687.00. The PL112 funds come from the 2008-2009 approved Unified Planning Work Program (UPWP).
2008-O-051 Amending Chapter 19, Motor Vehicle and Traffic, Article VIII, Stopping, Standing or Parking, Section 19-360, Parking Meters, of the Code of Ordinances of the City of Laredo, establishing the availability of parking meter permit contracts for certain parking meter spaces located west of Santa Maria Avenue and north of Hidalgo Street at a reduced no-refundable monthly rate of forty dollars ($40.00) per parking meter space and increase the parking meter time limit in this area from four (4) to ten (10) hours and to provide for severability, publication and an effective date.
2008-O-053 Amending Ordinance 2000-O-295 which adopted the speed hump installation policy of the City of Laredo to change the minimum street length requirement to qualify for the installation of speed humps from 1,000 feet to 1,100 feet and to incorporate other changes to the established procedures and to the special provisions for the installation of the speed humps, providing for publication and an effective date.
2008-O-054 Amending the Subdivision Ordinance of the City of Laredo by amending Chapter 3, Section 3-2 N, entitled blocks, establishing a definition for streets length and adopting standards for traffic calming devices in certain circumstances of excessive street length; providing for publication and an effective date.
2008-O-055 Authorizing the City Manager to execute a lease agreement with International Dairy Products, Inc., for approximately 15,000 square feet of warehouse space situated within a 2.0 acre tract of land located at 5508 Thomas Avenue. Lease term is for five (5) years commencing on October 1, 2007, and ending on September 30, 2012. However, it is agreed by the parties that the lease may be terminated by either party upon giving a ninety (90) day written notice from the party terminating to the other. Monthly rent shall be $5,676.00 and will be adjusted annually according to change in the Consumer Price Index. Except for the month of October 2007, Lessee’s rental obligation shall be $2,006.00; providing for an effective date.
16. 2008-R-021 Authorizing the City Manager to execute a release of the utility easement donated by Francisco Guerra, Sr. for the extension of utility services lines to the Laredo Ranchettes Subdivision said a 0.21 acre parcel described in Exhibits A and B of the proposed release. Said easement was replaced with an easement consisting of 0.25 acre parcel of land, granted to the City of Laredo by successors in title to Mr. Francisco Guerra, Sr. which was recorded in Volume 1935, pp 299-302, official property records, Webb County, Texas, Texas; and the form and content of the authorized release is attached as Exhibit 1.
17. 2008-R-022 Declaring the public necessity to acquire the “Surface Only” of one parcel of land for the Springfield Avenue North extension. Said parcel containing 1,665.7 square feet and being out of Lot 1, Block 5, Hilltop Subdivision, Phase II, City of Laredo, Webb County, Texas; as described by Metes and Bounds and Survey, attached as Exhibits A and B; and authorizing staff to negotiate with the owner for the acquisition of said parcel by purchase at a market value to be established by a State Certified Real Estate Appraiser, and further authorizing the City Attorney to initiate condemnation proceedings to acquire said parcel if staff is unable to acquire due to inability to agree to a purchase price, conflict of ownership, owner refusal to sell, and/or inability to locate the listed owner. Funding is available in the 2006 Certificate of Obligation.
18. 2008-R-023 Authorizing the City of Laredo to enter into an interlocal cooperative purchasing agreement with the National Joint Powers Alliance and authorizing the City Manager to execute the membership agreement. The purpose of this agreement is to facilitate compliance with the State of Texas bidding requirements, to identify qualified vendors of commodities, goods and services, and to realize potential cost saving for the City of Laredo.
19. 2009-R-024 Recognizing Ms. Susan Peppler, Deputy Associate Administrator for U.S. General Services Administration (GSA), who has been nominated by President George W. Bush to be the new Assistant Secretary for Community Planning and Development at the U. S. Department of Housing and Urban Development, and whose tireless efforts have benefited the Community of Laredo by the establishment of a direct, and vital working relationship with GSA headquarters in Washington, D.C., including maintaining an open line of communication with the Office of the Mayor and that of the City Manager and conducting community level meetings on federal programs beneficial to Laredo and without which such benefits could not be realized by our community; and, further resolving to lend full support for Ms. Peppler’s nomination by President Bush, and urging speedy confirmation by the United States Senate.
20. Consideration to amend the proposed 2008-2012 Capital Improvement Program of the City of Laredo to reflect projects anticipated to be funded by the 2008 bond sales.
21. Consideration to exercise the renewal option for one additional year for contract number FY07-091 to vendor, UTW Tire Co., Laredo, Texas, in the annual amount of $73,800.00 for the removal and disposal of tires at the City Landfill. Funding is available in the Solid Waste budget.
22. Consideration for approval of amendment no. 1 an increase of $42,600.00 for additional surveying services, hydraulic and hydrology modeling, 404 permit application, earthen channel, CLOMR and ROW acquisition surveys to the professional services contract with Sherfey Engineering Company, L.L.C., Laredo, Texas, for the Shiloh Boulevard Extension. The amendment is required to design the culvert crossing to reduce the flooding problems within the Upper Zacate Creek watershed. Funding is available in the Environmental Services Fund.
23. Consideration to award annual contract FY08-047 to RDO Equipment, Laredo, Texas in the estimated amount of $75,000.00 for the purchase of original equipment manufacturer (OEM) John Deere heavy equipment parts and service for the Fleet Department. This contract establishes discount percentage pricing for the purchase of needed repairs, replacement parts, and services for the Fleet Department. All parts and services will be secured on an as needed basis and funding is available in the Fleet Management budget.
24. Consideration to award supply contract number FY08-038 to the following low bidders:
a) HD Supply Waterworks, San Antonio, TX in the estimated amount of $65,719.40;
b) Ferguson Waterworks, Mission, TX in the estimated amount of $69,559.00;
for the purchase of rubber couplings and fittings used for wastewater applications for the Utilities Department. This will be a one year supply contract with an option to extend for an additional year. These materials are purchased on an as needed basis by the Utilities Department- Wastewater Operations for construction and repair projects. Funding is available in the Utilities Department Fund.
25. Authorizing the City Manager to acquire through negotiations the “Surface Only” of Lot 8, Block 10, Belmont Subdivision, for the Esperanza Road Drainage Project consisting of the construction of drainage improvements in the Belmont Subdivision, in order to alleviate periodic flooding in that area. Said parcel is to be acquired for the amount of $158,000.00 as determined by a state certified appraiser, plus approximately $1,600.00 in incidental expenses. This will be a voluntary transaction. Funding is available in Land Acquisition for City-Wide Drainage Project/2007 Certificate of Obligation Bond Issue.
26. Consideration for approval to award a construction contract to the lowest bidder ALC Construction, LLC, Laredo, Texas, in the amount of $103,965.00 for the Widening of the Bartlett and Saunders Intersection. Contract time is one hundred twenty (120) calendar days. Funding is available in the Transit 2004 C.O. – Project #TRSAUN.
27. Authorizing the City Manager to award an Engineering Contract with Dannenbaum Engineering Company – McAllen, LLC, and Sherfey Engineering of Laredo, Texas, in the amount of $7,693,812.66 for the design of the North West Laredo 20 Million Gallon per Day (MGD) Water Treatment Plant.
28. Authorizing the City Manager to execute a contract for the purchase of 394.56 ac/ft of municipal water rights from KinCannon Farms Partnership, at a cost of $2,000 per ac/ft for the sum of $ 789,120.00. Funding is available in the water availability fund / water rights. (128,547,648 gallons).
29. Consideration to accept the Unitec Wastewater Treatment Plant and authorizing payment of $57,943.50 to the Verde Corporation as specified in “Agreement for Construction of Sewer Plant between Verde Corp. and the City”, dated July 27, 2006.
30. Consideration for approval of change order no. 1 an increase of $4,549.00 for the balance of quantities actually construction in place and to add fifty-nine (59) working days to the construction contract time due to rain delays, (June/July 2007) holidays, re-design of storm drainage line on Marcella Avenue, gas line/telephone line/sanitary sewer line conflicts, acceptance of the Maryland/Taylor Straightening, Widening, Street and Drainage Improvement Project and approval of final payment in the amount of $88,083.68 to Jimmy Closner and Sons Construction Company, Mercedes, Texas. Final construction contract amount is $577,346.51. Funding is available in the 2005 CO Bond.
31. Approving monthly tax adjustment to the tax roll. The amounts to be adjusted for the month of February 2008, represent an increase of $61,300.34. These adjustments are determined by Webb County Appraisal District and by court orders.
32. A refund of property tax in the amount of $508.07 payable to Laredo National Bank due to an erroneous payment. Account #221-01001-011.
33. Authorizing a fifth and final amendment to the existing Miss Texas USA® Pageant Hosting Agreement, a multi-year contract with Crystal Group, Inc. a Texas Corporation, to increase the contract amount from $279,225.00 to $290,000.00 for fiscal year 2008, to include costs to meet contractual obligations of the City of Laredo, found in Schedule II, Items 1, 10, and 11 of the Hosting Agreement; and to limit the financial responsibility of the City for Schedule II, Items 1, 10, and 11 to $200,000.00, with exceptions to the limit. This includes production fees in the amounts of $90,155.00 and staging, lighting, trucking, labor and equipment costs in the estimated amount of $199,069.00. Funding is available in the Laredo Convention & Visitors Bureau budget.
34. City Council approval to donate salvaged ambulance unit #125 to our Sister City of San Antonio de Areco, Argentina.
35. Consideration to authorize the City Manager to enter into contract for the purchase of two fire pumper trucks, two brush tankers, and one ambulance with one or more providers for the estimated total amount of $1,200,000.00. The purchase will be thru either the Houston-Galveston Area Council of Governments (H-GAC) or the Texas Local Government Purchasing Cooperative (Buy Board) cooperative purchasing agreements. It is proposed to utilize current funds available from the 2007 contractual obligation bond sale and reimburse the FY2007 CO bonds with proceeds from the proposed 2008 Bond sale of contractual bonds scheduled for sale during the month of April or May.
36. Authorizing the City Manager to accept a $10,050,231.00 grant and a $915,000.00 loan for a total of $10,965,231.00 from the Texas Water Development Board Economically Distressed Areas Program and amending the City of Laredo Fiscal Year 2007-2008 Utilities Department Colonias Fund 451 in the amount of $10,965,231.00 in the form of a grant and loan for the design, construction and installation of water and sewer improvements for the colonias on Hwy 359 (Pueblo Nuevo) and Mines Road Area (Los Minerales, Los Minerales Annex, Antonio Santos and Peñitas West in Laredo and Webb County. as approved by the Texas Water Development Board on October 23, 2007, and amending the Utilities Department Colonias Fund 451 by $10,965,231.00 for a total of $27,736,151.00.
XIII. STAFF REPORTS
A. Presentation of the Plan of Finance by Noe Hinojosa of Estrada-Hinojosa & Company Financial Consultants, on a proposed sale of various bond issues including a combination tax and Revenue Certificate of Obligation Bond, Bridge System and a Waterworks & Sewer System Revenue Bonds.
B. Discussion with possible action on amending the ordinance governing the Convention and Visitors Bureau Advisory Board.
C. Discussion with possible action on setting the date for the 2008-2009 Bond Sale Trip.
XIV. EXECUTIVE SESSION
The City Council hereby reserves the right to go into executive session at any time during this public meeting, if such is requested by the City Attorney or other legal counsel for the City, pursuant to his or her duty under Section 551.071(2) of the Government Code, to consult privately with his or her client on an item on the agenda, or on a matter arising out of such item.
38. Request for Executive Session pursuant to Texas Government Code Section 551.071 (1)(A) to consult with City Attorney regarding pending litigation in the case styled Jose A. Valdez, Jr. vs. Gustavo Guevara, Jr., City Secretary, and the City of Laredo, Cause No. 2008-CVQ-000288-D2, in the District Court 111th Judicial District Webb County, Texas; and return to open session for possible action.
This notice was posted at the Municipal Government Offices, 1110 Houston Street, Laredo, Texas, at a place convenient and readily accessible to the public at all times. Said notice was posted on Wednesday, March 19, 2008 at 8:00 p.m.
Gustavo Guevara, Jr.