The Laboratory Services Division provides testing in order to assist in the diagnosis of disease conditions and treatment of patients. Services consist of analysis of clinical bacteriology, medical serology, parasitology, environmental bacteriology, hematology, urinalysis and clinical chemistry, and urine pregnancy tests. Water (bacteriological) analysis is available to the general public. This lab will also serve as a preliminary screener for biological threat in the prevention of bioterrorism. The Laboratory receives 12,000 specimens per year and 48,000 tests are performed annually.
Hours of Operation
For Testing: Monday through Friday 7:30 a.m. to 11:00 a.m.
For Results: Monday through Friday 11:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m.
Lab Testing Offered:
For more information please call (956) 795-4908.
Biosafety Laboratory Level III (BSLIII)
Current CLHD Laboratory Capabilities
Clinical Laboratory provides testing in order to assist in the diagnosis of disease conditions and treatment of patients.
- Services consist of bacteriology, serology, chemistry, hematology, urinalysis, pregnancy testing, and fecal occult blood testing.
Environmental Laboratory consists of the bacteriological analysis on water samples.
- Drinking water is tested monthly for presence/absence of coliforms
- Affluent water is tested daily or weekly as required for coliform quantitation.
- Raw river waters are tested monthly or as needed for fecal and E coli count.
Bio Safety Level III (BSL3) Lab is qualified to test for the following Biological Agents:
- Bacillus anthracis (Anthrax)
- Yersinia Pestis (Plague)
- Francisella tularensis (Tularemia)
- Botulinum Toxin (Botulism)
- Brucella spp.(Brucellosis)
- Burkholderia spp.