What is Nurse Family Partnership?
Nurse-Family Partnership is a program for women who are having their first baby. Once you enroll, a registered nurse will visit you in your home throughout pregnancy and continue to visit until your baby is 2 years old.
How much does the program cost?
Nurse-Family Partnership is FREE to all eligible women.
How often will my nurse visit?
Your nurse will visit every week, every other week, or every month during your pregnancy and up until your baby is 2 years old. You and your nurse will decide the exact schedule.
My Nurse will help me:
- Have a healthy pregnancy and a healthy baby.
- Build a strong network of support for me and my baby.
- Make my home a safe environment for my baby to live and play.
- Get referrals for healthcare, childcare, job training, and other support services available in my community.
- Find ways to continue my education and develop job skills.
- Set goals for my family’s future and find ways to help me reach them.
Can my baby’s father participate, too?
- Nurse-Family Partnership encourages fathers, family members and even friends to be involved in the visits and learn how they can best support you.
- You and your nurse decide who gets involved.
- Because you are the one who carries the baby and you are the first person to take care of your baby, you are the one who is actually enrolled in the program and you are the main focus of the nurse.
Who can enroll in the program?
Any woman who:
- Is pregnant with her first child.
- Meets income requirements.
- Within 28 weeks of pregnancy or less than 7 months of pregnancy
- Is a Laredo, Rio Bravo, El Cenizo, and surrounding “Colonias” resident.
Where can I find the office of the City of Laredo Health Department Nurse Family-Partnership Program?
2600 Cedar, Laredo, Texas 78040
How can I contact Nurse-Family Partnership Program?
(Monday-Friday 8 a.m. to 5 p.m.) Telephone: (956) 523-7848, Email: firstname.lastname@example.org Webpage: http://www.cityoflaredo.com/health/health.htm
For information on Tejanitos Saludables call: (956) 712-6015